Tags : Palm Fruit / Nungu Desserts, Palm fruit Milkshake, Nungu Fruit Recipe Nungu Fruit, summer health tips
How to beat the chennai’s summer seasons heat
Wondering how to get along with summer days; how to keep cool in the coming days with maintaining health. What type of refreshment would serve you better than the bottle drinks.
Eat cucumber, nungu, water melon and drink coconut water, and amla (gooseberry) and lime juices. Generally, as do work we lose energy. In summer we lose energy not only doing work and also due to heat. Eventually we are in position to replenish ourselves twice, which can be done only by natural fruit juices, not by bottle drinks. Pathaneer (a palm drink, we may also call it as a Chennai's special drink) we can find pathaneer stalls in and around Chennai, is an excellent stamina drink and thirst quencher.
Thatti Nungu (toddy Palm) Payasam
6 Nos Tender toddy palm nuts
1 Medium Ripe Mango
2 Tbsp Coconut Milk Powder or 1 Cup fresh Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Badam Milk Mix
1/2 Tin Condensed Milk
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Cups Milk (full fat)
Saffron Strands few
Almonds Pista and Walnuts chopped
* We need to peel the toddy palm and rinse in water twice chop in to tiny cubes and set aside in a bowl.
* Clean the mango and chop into small cubes set aside.
* Place the milk on medium flame allow to reduce and constantly keep stirring.
* Add condensed milk and sugar keep stirring.
* Add the saffron, coconut milk powder and the badam milk powder and keep stirring till the milk reduces to half the quantity.
* Remove the milk from flame and allow to cool.
* Once the Milk has cooled to room temperature add the chopped palm, mango and nuts mix well cover and place in the fridge to cool.
Palm fruit rose milk
Rose milk syrup or essence
Remove the outer skin of the palm fruit and dice them in cubes.
Boil milk with sugar and allow it to come to room temperature. Mix in the rose milk syrup and the chopped palm fruit and serve it chill :)