ASK, ADVICE, ASSOCIATE WITH

LOGIN  |  SIGN UP    
is it safe to use Dolo 650 tablet during pregnancy?

Bharatmomsmother- sunitha12 question

sunitha12

Hi moms,

My Sister is pregnant she is got cold and fever she lives in pondicherry and consulting the doctor in chennai cxan she put Dolo 650 tablet will this tablet affects the baby please suggest any good paracetamol tablet to have during pregnancy

You can share this Blog/Article to your friends by clicking the respective Icon below.

Tags : is it safe to use Dolo 650 tablet during pregnancy?

7 answers so far. What are your thoughts?

Best Answer

moms community karishmakani

karishma..

I am 14 weeks pregnant, have cold and cough from past one week. I informed my doctor and she said I can take any Tylenol medicine. I took one dosage of Tyelnol cold multisymptom (night time). I had asked some of my friends as well, everyone said Tylenol is fine. However no one mentioned about taking plain tylenol and not the cold. I read on the internet that it is better to avoid this medicine in pregnancy.

My cousin took Dolo650 tablet when she is pregnant nothing to worry about paracetamol tablet

• over 2 years ago

moms community PunjabMom

PunjabMom

Paracetamol tablets are safe in pregnancy..

I was advised to take dolo 650 in my 1st trimester when i had bad cold and fever..
take good rest...

• over 2 years ago
moms community Babita

Babita

Hi I dont advice you to take dolo 650 tablet during pregnancy since it is very strong tablet. You can have natural home medicine but not too strong 

Side effects of  Dolo 650 tablet during pregnancy

Paracetamol should be used with caution in those with liver or kidney problems 

• over 2 years ago
moms community Number1mom

Number1mom

You may want to talk to your doctor about the side effects Dolo 650 Tablet during pregnancy can have on your baby.

Personally, I wouldn't take any medications during pregnancy, unless it was a medication that without taking could put my health at dire risk. Also, consult your OBGYN for information on how your medications affect the baby, and if they are safe to take.

• over 2 years ago
moms community sunitha12

sunitha12

Hi all thanks for your reply please share any alternate medicine pregnant women can have for fever,cough,cold etc

• over 2 years ago
moms community Number1mom

Number1mom

Hi Sunitha, 

Cough or cold : Guaifenesin plus dextromethorphan (Robitussin DM, Benylin Expectorant, Vicks Cough Syrup) 

Cough drops 

Vicks VapoRub 

Note that some cold remedies contain alcohol, so you may want to use them sparingly if at all. Avoid products that contain the decongestants pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine, which can affect blood flow to the placenta.

Pain relief, headache, or fever : Acetaminophen (Tylenol, Anacin-3)

• over 2 years ago
moms community RajputPrincess

RajputPr..

@Sunitha Most pregnant women try to rely on natural remedies, rather than medications whenever possible. These home remedies make you feel better. There is evidence that some of grandma’s remedies actually do work. Chicken soup has been found in studies to be an effective way of relieving cold symptoms. Be sure to get plenty of fluids to avoid becoming dehydrated.

• over 2 years ago

Answers from Gynecologist - Dr.K.Balakumari

Can eyebrow threading be done during pregnancy.I am in my 7th month now.

Yes it can be done

• almost 2 years ago
Related questions
Here are some related posts to the question you are viewing. Feel free to check them out, answer and share with your friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Answer of the month
moms community lux23

lux23

Kids Online Safety

kids or child internet safety guidelines

Reviews and Listings from Moms
Latest Activity
More about Indian and Bharat moms or mothers community activities