LOGIN  |  SIGN UP    
Anchor Quick Stitch kit
  • January 29, 2011 14:38
  • Category : Hobbies & Crafts
  • 10 answers

Bharatmomsmother- chennaimom2010 question

chennaim...

Hi Chennai Mommies...

Today I seem to have a lot of time to spare on PC...so making the "bestest" use of that opportunity... !

Anyone knows where these so-called Anchor Quick-stitch kits are available ? Earlier, maybe around 7 or 8 yrs ago, these kits were available so easily in fancy stores...now  I seem to be seeing so less of this....!

Have they stopped selling these ? I want smaller sizes and not those life-size ones.....think I saw one of those life sized ones in Big Bazaar...but dont want such big ones...

Anyone knows....pls share info !

You can share this Blog/Article to your friends by clicking the respective Icon below.

Tags : quick stitch kit

10 answers so far. What are your thoughts?

Best Answer

moms community chittusmom

chittusmom

Try in Raja Thread Store, Ranganathan Street, T Nagar. I also remember seeing it in one of the streets in Parrys - but not sure which street. Also, Sri Murugan Bookshop, Arya Gowder Rd, West Mambalam sells it. I bought it there an year ago

• over 3 years ago

moms community viji82

viji82

Hi u can get this odessey Anna nagar

Alankar in chintamani

• over 3 years ago
moms community TarunMom

TarunMom

hmm..me too used to stitch those long time back. Sales of these items have dropped drastically since then. Last I saw them in Alankar in Chintamani ( opp Naidu hall). There was one very good shop "Babu Threads" in Annanagar, where u get all kind of stitching materials, but now they have relocated. Any mom know where this shop is now??

• over 3 years ago
moms community Vidyashriya

Vidyashr..

Raja Threads Store......................

• over 3 years ago
moms community Rajiguhan

Rajiguhan

hmm....I do this even now....Just now I got some 5 big collections. You have those kind of material in plenty in Landmark - Spence plaza (messanine floor in stationery section).

I Like and love to do this....

• over 3 years ago
moms community chennaimom2010

chennaim..

viji82, TarunMom ,chittusmom ,Vidyashriya ,Rajiguhan

Wow so many places to look out for...and not even aware of it....Thanks mommies !!! 

......so next time any of guys see any lady asking for this stitch kit in the shops you have mentioned.....it could be me also...hehehehehe

@Rajiguhan... - yea even i loved doing those...just that i could not find it anywhere nearby.... yrs ago, it was so accessible in any fancy store....times do change !!! hmmmphh....thanks for telling me where exactly i should look out for it in Landmark so that i dont have to go hunting....;-) so did they sell only large sizes only ? earlier i used to get smaller sizes....hope they should have varieties to choose from...??? since u seem to buy frequently...just lemme know...;-) 

• over 3 years ago
moms community Rajiguhan

Rajiguhan

Yes, you get the sticth in different sizes over there also......(me not intereste in doing small as the big ones looks awesome when finsihed and framed...so now days gng only for the big ones even...if it take a long time to complete.)

• over 3 years ago
moms community chennaimom2010

chennaim..

Hi...! Today I got this kit after so many years ! I found this as 2 mommies had suggested from Raja Thread Store.....in the evening crowd, at first i had some tuf time locating this place...but then finally found this shop towards the end of Ranganathan street (walking from station) ! plenty of collections to choose from....so was confused...got 2 smal sized ones....so feel happy that i found a shop at last where i can get loads of this one !

• over 3 years ago
moms community prajeetsMom

prajeets..

the babu threads in anna nagar has been shifted to mugappair west near the tank.. anyways.. the shop is not like it used to  before.. but they thrive with falls and pico... they too would suggest raja thread stores if they dont have something

• about 3 years ago
moms community TarunMom

TarunMom

thank you prajeetsMom for the update!

• about 3 years ago
Related questions
Here are some related posts to the question you are viewing. Feel free to check them out, answer and share with your friends!

Answer of the month
moms community lux23

lux23

Kids Online Safety

kids or child internet safety guidelines

Reviews and Listings from Moms
Latest Activity
More about Indian and Bharat moms or mothers community activities